To go directly to the type of service you are interested in, click on the corresponding link below :
Sea Transport Management
Kuehne + Nagel's Sea Transport Management is a product designed for customers who have their own shipping line contracts and provides solutions that enable optimization of supply chain processes. In addition, customers can benefit from specialised seafreight services supported by advanced information systems, providing visibility, monitoring, reporting and network management.
- Drive performance improvement through customer specific KPIs
- Documentation Compliance / Management by digital filing all shipping documents
- Pro Active Updates against business critical milestones
- EDI integration to customer’s ERP / WMS system
- Exception management and reporting, such as Planned vs. Actual (ETD, ETA, and more) Collaboration with Receiving Facility (delivery arrangement)
- Integration of vendors to automate processes
- Proactive shipment escalation process on shipment delays
- A unique operational system
- Decreases administrative workload and costs
- Port-to-port and door-to-door supply chain visibility
- Single Visibility Track and Trace Portal across all carrier partners with own references
- Monitor and reporting on container Free Time status
Through integration of supply chain partners and processes, Kuehne + Nagel's Order Management Solution (OMS) can be used not only to capture and provide data for ERP, supply chain and financial management systems, but also as a single platform for visibility, monitoring and reporting. Providing visibility of product in the pipeline allows management by exception, and can identify products, orders and shipments requiring specific actions.
- Pick & Pack service
- EDI order receipt and confirmation
- Proactive order follow-up
- Supplier booking against order lines
- Variance monitoring and reporting
- Buyer’s consolidation
- Multi-country consolidation (MCC)
- Store and call-off
- OMS systematically prompts vendors to follow structured processes and can monitor and evaluate trading partner performance.
- OMS facilitates third party interaction by improving communication, and easing location challenges.
- Advice of order completion prior to product receipt at destination permits better planning for workload, staffing and capacity requirements.
- OMS supports efforts to improve product availability through production planning by optimising inventory levels, increasing stock turns and reducing lead times.
- Documentation services can assist in the reduction of demurrage and detention costs arising from documentation accuracy and availability.
- Overall productivity is increased due to automated decision making processes, enabling logistics operators to focus on their core activities.